Nadav was the second kid there and he went straight to the ball he found on the grass. He happily played while I filled out some forms and passed on some information. Of course I forgot to bring his snack(the gan provides a hot catered lunch) but luckily I had a container of yogurt and spoon in my purse that I was going to eat for breakfast so I left that for him. I had to leave quickly as Jordy had a Yom Haatzmaut ceremony at school. Nadav didn't seem to mind that I left. I went straight to the school to watch the show. Each year the Yishuv has a big Yom Haatzmaut celebration in which the gan kids and the lower school grade kids participate in. Since there are a billion people and it is impossible to see they invite the kids parents to the rehearsal. Josh met me there after school and we didn't stay long. Long enough for Jordy to see us and take a couple pictures.
Then we headed home. I started making challah and then ran to Shilat to get a few items at 2 stores. I couldn't believe how empty it was there. Didn't people know it was Thursday and it is time to shop for Shabbat? I returned home to finish the challah and begin a bunch of other Shabbat cooking while watching Glee. Josh and I kept comenting on how quiet it was. As 2 o'clock was approaching I tried to get as much done as possible before picking up Nadav. At 2 I went to go get him and as soon as I opened the door her let out a loud "MEEMA" and ran to me. He then continued to hug for 2 minutes. He wouldn't let go of me but he was happy. The gannenet said he did wonderfully for a first day. He did cry a little but overall he was happy. He ate chicken, rice, and peas and carrots for lunch and he is a good eater. And the biggest surprise of all was that he napped there for an hour and a half! I couldn't believe it. Nadav wouldn't let me put him in his stroller so I had to carry him the whole way home. He also wouldn't go to Josh when we got home-man is that kids attached to me. Nadav then let out his favorite saying after meema which is "Hootball Game". So I turned on the Bears game that he has watched again and again and he happily sat at the kitchen table watching the game. He must have needed some down time because he wasn't climbing or throwing things or trying to press the keys on the computer, he just sat and watched for a while. 
Then Danya came home (without a new white shirt-the store was out of them) followed by Jordy and Moshe S. Before heading to English the boys ate fish sticks while watching a show along with Danya and Nadav. While Moshe wasn't paying attention Nadav took his plate and the fish stick on it and began to eat.
Luckily Moshe didn't mind. While the boys were in English Danya and Josh played a little catch while Nadav played outside.
Nadav and I picked up Jordy after English and I ran to the Makolet to pick up some Wacky Mac for dinner. Josh headed out to a softball game while we stayed home and the kids happily ate Wacky Mac while watching Tom and Jerry which they were all cracking up at. After dinner Danya and Jordy played some games while I got a very sleepy Nadav into bed. Then we all did Mad Libs together before Jordy went to sleep. Danya then made hers and Jordy's lunches with very little help. After Danya went to bed and Josh returned from softball Jordan came over to play Cities and Knights-shoot Lisa if you are reading this I just remembered that I was supposed to call you, sorry.
No comments:
Post a Comment