Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Pesach, Part 2

On Shabbat morning most people slept a little late however Nadav wasn't one of them. After shul we all had kiddush outside over grapefruit and pesach cake...yum. Then, as is with all Jewish customs, as we finished eating we went to the table for lunch and ate some more. At the end of lunch Joel and Jordan came over. Nadav was napping, Meira was playing with Danya, Moshe was playing with Jordy, Robert went to sleep and Avi and Eva went on a walk, so Josh, Joel, Jordan and I played another game of Cities and Knights. Nadav woke up during the game and as always tried to destroy it. After Josh's victory I took Nadav and he and I played with E-va while Avi took my spot and joined in for game 2. The kids ate some more Matzah and then Shabbat ended. And the fun began. We had a big BBQ on Saturday night as a send off to Avi and Eva and as a way for them to see some people that they hadn't had a chance to see yet. There was quite a feast.






Josh worked hard BBQing and everyone ate well. The kids went to sleep well after 11pm. After cigar hour
we said our goodbyes to Avi and Eva. We had a great time with them and look forward to their return with their English bookstore that sells lentils, A&W, apple cider beer and which will be located on a kibbutz.
Sunday morning we had planned on leaving early but since Danya and Jordy went to bed after 11 and Josh and I after 2am it didn't happen. I still needed to cook for Yom Tov so Josh took Danya and Jordy to the water park that we didn't get to on Friday. I stayed home with Nadav and cooked and cleaned. The kids had a great time. They returned and the cycle began again. Josh and Robert went to shul while the kids and I stayed home. We had dinner and everyone was so exhausted from the past week that we all went to bed as soon as dinner was over.
Monday, after shul, we went to the Rotters for lunch. The food was delicous as always. We had a good time and stayed until around 4. Danya had gone to a friend and the rest of us came home. I took a short nap while Josh watched Nadav however Nadav missed his nap and was quite crabby. I wore up to him screaming my name "EEEEE-MA". So I went down and attempted to calm him. After Pesach ended the fun began....the clean up. I am always amazed at how long it takes to make vs. how little it takes to clean. I also did a load of laundry. Bye bye Pesach until 2011!
In the middle of the night Monday/Tuesday morning Nadav woke up at 3am and wouldn't go back to sleep in his crib. He ended up sleeping in our bed until 7. At which point I gave him a cup of milk and he went back to sleep in his crib and we all slept until 9:45am. That's right. 9:45! Tuesday was the kids last day off of school. We thought about doing something fun with them but everyone was lazy and it was late so we did nothing. We did attempt going out to dinner but nobody could agree and then we were going to order in Burgers Bar but they weren't answering the phone so we just stayed home. We got the kids into bed at a decent hour all ready for school the next day!

No comments: