Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Seeking Your Challah Recipes

Like usual I can't exactly remember what I did on Thursday. I am guessing the morning included cooking. Jordy had English in the afternoon.
Friday morning I decided to resume my attempt at making the perfect challah. If you are reading this and you make your own challah can you send me your recipe?? Josh took Nadav to run a few errands so I had some quiet while I cooked. The Balsam kids returned along with Danya and Jordy. They all played all afternoon. Robert arrived and had stopped in the shuk in Jerusalem so he brought us some of Josh's favorite eggplant and the best ruggalach in the country....mmmmm.....marzipan. Friday night Nadav went to bed right after kiddush and the rest of us followed not long after. We were all exhausted.
Shabbat morning Danya went to the kid minyan and then to the Balsam's for lunch. Jordy was invited but wanted to stay home. After lunch Jordy wanted us to teach him how to play Cities and Knights. We set it up and were just about to start when Moshe arrived to play with Jordy. So we help off until later. The boys played and I took Nadav on a walk to the Silton's to catch up with Sharon and Nadav played with Yollie. When we returned Danya and Meria had arrived. The Balsam kids stayed until Lisa arrived with Michali and Merav to pick them up. When they left Jordy was anxious to play so we continued the game until Shabbat ended. The kids ate dinner and then headed to bed.
Sunday morning the kids headed to school and I went out to breakfast/book club. Since it was Laura's birthday the book club took her out to breakfast. It was really nice even though we didn't discuss the book, The Weight of Heaven, as not everyone read it. I was really excited when I stopped at the vegetable store on the way out and I found spaghetti squash. Since we lived here I have never seen one. I used to eat them all the time and now I hadn't eaten one in 4 years. So I bought 2. Nadav wouldn't nap on Sunday so I put him in his stroller and took him on a walk. We ended up at school where we found Jordy and walked him to English. Between a play date, English and a birthday party he didn't return home until 6:30. Danya went to a friends and was out until 6. Too bad Nadav wouldn't nap. I made one of the spaghetti squashes for dinner and it was delicious!
Monday morning we had Nadav's play group over. He and Keren had fun playing in the ball pit together and he enjoyed playing with the babies and handing them toys. After play group I took a ride to Modiin to get money changed and then to the butcher. When I returned Nadav was yet again not napping. I picked Jordy up from school and he made plans to go to a friends for a play date. So I loaded Nadav into the stroller and we walked Jordy there. Then we walked all around the yishuv until FINALLY Nadav fell asleep. He slept in his stroller and woke up when I was picking up Jordy from his play date. Danya was out and about at English and then at softball. She returned from softball all excited to model her new team hat and shirt, complete with her #.
After hot dogs and french fries everyone went to sleep.
This morning Danya had a tiyul and she was very anxious to get to school on time and although she went a half hour early she wouldn't wait 5 minutes to go with Jordy. Josh took Jordy to school. When he returned Nadav and I headed to the grocery store. After spilling bamba all over the store we were finally done. We returned home and as I was unloading the groceries Nadav decided that the leek I bought was a baseball bat and was running around the living room holding it and a ball. Then I headed off to do my mosaics for the first time in a month. It was so nice to get back to it. I still can't figure out why it rotates but that is where I am. When I came home Nadav was yelling in his crib. I am noticing a pattern here. So after he ate half my lunch I put him in the stroller and off we were. We picked up Jordy and Moshe from school as Lisa wasn't home. The boys were fighting so they weren't talking. When they returned Jordy went upstairs to play a video game and I turned on a show for Moshe. Then Nadav and I headed back out and stayed out until he fell asleep. We came home and Lisa was picking up Moshe. Jordy then invited Yehousha over for a play date. Danya returned from her field trip. I didn't get the complete rundown but she did not enjoy her field trip. It was walking through cold, dirty water. They had to walk and it was BORING. After returning she headed to her art class. Nadav woke up after a short while. Everyone returned for dinner and the kids ate very little of the spinach ravioli I bought. Eventually everyone went to bed and I cleaned the kitchen.
Here are 2 videos of Nadav having a "phone conversation" this afternoon. He was having a very animated chat with nobody. I could decide which of the 2 videos were cuter so I am posting both-Enjoy!


4 comments:

Jack said...

We see Nadav took a big leek.

Lanie said...

Both Very cute...
In the 1st one, he seems a little mad at the person hes speaking Arabic to. Also, like when he puts down the phone for a drink!
In the 2nd one, its cute how much time he spends "dialing" --you might want to check your vonage bill next month!!

Gila said...

Nadav is a riot!

The first video wins in my book, by a hair, because he sounds so Israeli!

Love!

Lanie said...

Will Jordy teach me how to play Cities and Knights?