Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Lag B'Omer Prep

Sunday morning was a lazy day. We got the kids to school and did stuff around the house and I ran some errands in Modiin. Danya and Jordy both went to collect wood with their respective classes for Lag B'Omer. Did I mention how I will be happy when this holiday has passed? Josh went to softball and I gave the kids dinner and got them to bed.
Monday morning, after dropping Nadav at gan I headed to Rami Levy. I arrived there at a little after 8. I was amazed at how pleasant it was to shop there when it isn't crowded and you don't have to wait in line forever. I told Josh that I am going to attempt to get there before 9 from now on. Danya was out all afternoon with English and softball. Jordy wanted a play date but nobody was available so he drove me and Josh crazy begging to play Cities and Knights until we finally gave in. The kids all had hot dogs for dinner and eventually headed to bed. Later on Joel and Jordan came over to play more Cities and Knights. It was a late night and we were exhausted so you can imagine how happy we were when we were about to go to sleep and Nadav woke up. He was up for a while and he was unhappy. He eventually fell asleep sharing a pillow with Josh.
This morning Nadav woke up all better. He was tired but didn't want to go back to sleep so I took him to gan. I had to return to Rami Levy, this time with Lori, to buy food for Danya's class midurah-Lag B'Omer bonfire. I came home and took a nap as I was lacking sleep. I went to pick up Nadav who was so happy when I picked him up. We got home and he ate a little and then he wasn't interested in doing anything-he was just crabby. Jordy came home followed by Danya. Nadav was still crabby so I decided to take him for a walk. It didn't last too long as there was a sharav-heat wave and I was going to collapse. Danya went to collect wood with her class again and returned for dinner. The kids ate tuna melt souffle and went to bed.
Here is a picture of Jordy and Nadav enjoying shluks-ice pops-today after coming home from school and gan.

Also-I have had a few requests for the successful challah recipe I made on Shabbat. After asking Dvora permission to give it out she happily posted it on her blog here. You should also look at her beautiful and delicious cookies while you are there!

1 comment:

Dvora said...

Thanks for the shout-out! I amazed that you have tie for game playing with adults - that's when I am doing things like baking a bazillion cookies and folding laundry.
Dvora