Thursday, April 29, 2010
Flax Seed
Nadav woke up nice and early again this morning. He woke his brother and sister with his screeching. It is a lovely new habit he has picked up. We also see him doing it while putting his fingers in his ears-as it is quite loud and annoying. Back to this morning-we got everyone breakfast and out the door nice and early. Nadav and I walked Danya and Jordy out the door and Nadav wanted to go with them. He did well when I dropped him at gan again. I returned home and rather than cooking as I had planned I went back to sleep. So worth it! I woke up later and began the cooking. I picked up Nadav and we stopped at the makolet. Then Jordy and Moshe S. returned from school. I dropped them off at English class and Nadav and I went to the post office and then to pick up diapers. We picked up Jordy and headed home. I made dinner and everyone ate and Nadav went to bed. Danya had gone to the Balsam's after school and then straight to Asafat Krashim-gathering wood for the bonfire. She came home at around 7:30ish. Both Danya and Jordy headed to bed while I continued cooking. I have been sharing some of my cooking adventures lately so I will share another. It was suggested to me recently that I can replace the matzah meal in my meatballs with ground flax seed. I had never used flax seed before but decided to try it. I didn't tell Josh and he taste tested them tonight and after he said they tasted good I told him. He still couldn't taste the difference so I guess it is a permanent change. Just a tip if you are planning on trying this-only use a few tablespoons. Now I am wondering what else I can put ground flax seed in. Any suggestions? Experiences?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I don't know about the flax seed, but have you tried our challah recipe this week? Shabbat Shalom!
Make sure to keep it in the freezer - it spoils very quickly. Also, it absorbes fluids so you need to add a little bit more if you use it to replace flour.
Was that Karen's secret :) ?
Post a Comment