Friday, April 30, 2010

Lag B'Omer

Friday morning was a little frustrating. A month ago I had scheduled an appointment for Nadav to see a pediatric orthopedist for this morning. He is a little pigeon toed so we are going to check it out. Anyhow, the appointment was for 9am and at 7:45 I went onto the kupah(health fund) website to verify that the doctor was located in the office I thought he was. After logging in I saw a note reminding me we had an appointment this morning at 9am with Dr. Simkis, nephrology. Hmmmm. I made an appointment for Dr. Simonovsky, orthopedist. Hmmmm. I had actually been in the office and handed the referral to the woman in the office who looked at the doctors name and made the appointment for me-so this wasn't my mistake. I had been planing on keeping Nadav home from gan. I had a bunch of other stuff that needed to be taken care of at the kupah and spent some time organizing all the info last night so I would be prepared. Grrrr. Their office didn't open until 8 so at 8 I called saying that I see on the website that I have an appointment for Dr. Simkis the nephrologist and I believe I made the appointment for Dr. Simonovsky the orthopedist. The woman told me that Simonovsky wasn't there on Fridays and I have no appointment scheduled with him. Today I have a nephrology appointment. I told her I have no need for it and she began yelling at me for canceling so late. I then explained that I never made that appointment and that somebody in their offices selected the wrong name in their computers and then she realized that this wasn't my fault. I'll add that she didn't apologize for the screw up or for yelling at me. She did reschedule us for almost a month from now. The upside was I realized before keeping Nadav home from gan and going there and getting all upset at having wasted the time. Still frustrating but whatever. I then took Nadav to gan and returned home to make challah.

I made the same recipe from last week with a few minor alterations. When I went to pick Nadav up from Gan he was torn from running to me and staying in his seat enjoying the cupcake he was eating at the twins birthday party. I sat next to him and he was happy with that. I noticed that the eating of the cupcake was slow going so we took it on the road, along with the good bag present of bubbles. Nadav held the bubbles in one hand and the cupcake in the other hand the whole way home. He finished his cupcake in his highchair. Here he is sporting a frosting mustache. Then he happily enjoyed the bubbles. The rest of the day was spent at home and getting ready for Shabbat. Nadav was in bed before I lit candles. Danya and Jordy again began Shabbat fighting. They calmed down and ate dinner while Josh was at shul. When he returned they had challah(which wasn't as good as last weeks) and grape juice followed by dessert. Then they headed to bed. Josh went to the Nathan's house for a Shalom Zachor while I snuggles into the couch with a book.
Shabbat morning I convinced(read:bribed) Danya and Jordy to get dressed and go to shul. We all went and aside from Nadav screeching it was a success. We came home and Danya and Jordy had their popsicles. We ate lunch kind of early and Nadav and I took naps. I slept longer than Nadav. When I woke up Danya and Jordy were heading out to a park for a "picnic" with Danya's friend Natalie. Josh, Nadav and I went to go get Jordan, who had come by while I was napping, to play Cities and Knights. While we played the kids returned and Danya headed out to a seudat shlishit/Shabbat party from Bnei Akiva. We were still playing when she returned. Everyone had some dinner and then we played a regular game of Settlers with the kids. As soon as Shabbat ended Danya, Jordy and I changed and headed out to the Lag B'Omer fun! I got Jordy settled with his class and then I spent most the evening with Danya's as I am on the parent committee. I have to say the evening, for all grades, was really well run. The few minutes I was with Jordys class
almost all the boys(about 40 of them) were following instruction and participating. Jordy was not interested in eating the hot dogs, falafel or salads. He only wanted roasted marshmallows. Danya's midurah went well. We parents were in charge of lighting the fire. Lori attempted it:
This photo would have you believe she was successful however do you see the 2 Israeli women standing behind her? They started the fire. The girls all had fun. They ate, roasted marshmallows and danced. I had to stay until the fire was extinguished which was around 11pm-at which point Jordy was very tired. We got the kids into bed and then Josh and I head across the street to the Block's bonfire. We had a great time making s'mores and drinking until 2am.
I didn't sleep very much as by the time I got to sleep there was a huge rain storm. I got up with Nadav and quietly got him breakfast and out to gan(thank goodness there was gan today!). It was so quiet outside. When I returned Danya and Jordy were awake. So I set them up with breakfast and the slingbox and headed back to sleep. Most of the day was spent hanging around the house. In the later afternoon Josh took the kids to the basketball court where there was a "happening" with bouncy castles. I met them there and we headed back home in time for bed. Josh gave Jordy a haircut before bed. He needed one:

No comments: