Thursday, April 22, 2010

More Challah

This morning after dropping Nadav at gan I came home to get as much done as possible. Laundry, cooking, breakfast and dishes. Then at 10:15 I picked Nadav up and we headed to Modiin to go to Tipat Chalav. Nadav happily climbed up and down the kiddie stairs waiting for our appointment. Of course I can't tell you how much he weighs or how tall he is because his info is downstairs and there is no way I am going down to get it for you. So you'll have to wait(no pun intended). The doctor said everything is on target and he just needed one vaccine. So the nurse gave him the shot and then he happily went about playing with a little girl while we waited our 10 minutes after the shot. We got into the car and not a second too late as it began pouring as I closed the door. We headed to the butcher and then back home. Nadav was exhausted and headed straight into the crib. I headed to the kitchen to make this weeks Challah recipe which was submitted by Dvora. It is loosely based on Lori's bread machine recipe which we love but not enough to buy a bread machine for. This is how they came out: They look good don't they? I also did the 4 strand braid this time which I had never done before. Nadav woke up and happily watched Sesame Street while eating his lunch. Jordy went to Moshe's and then English after that. Danya played with Meira and then came home. Both Danya and Jordy then went with kids from their class to collect firewood from around the yishuv in prepration for Lag B'Omer. They both returned and were happy to eat their mac and cheese while watching their new favorite show-Tom and Jerry.

2 comments:

Gila said...

wow, if they taste any where near how they look- I'll want the recipe!

Also, the braiding is impressive!

Dvora said...

They look so pretty! You can start a new blog now called "The Challah Project."
Also think it's funny that your kids love T&J - Ariella does too (genetic inheritance from her father) but I just do not get it... Now let's see if blogger will at least let me post comments to you!
Shabbat Shalom!