Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Jerusalem

Nadav woke up at 5:15 this morning. At 6:20 he went downstairs and woke Danya and Jordy. Danya was not happy and reported to me that he was in her room. I got Nadav and I noticed that Jordy was up. I told him to go back to bed but he didn't want to. He said he forgot about some homework so he was going to do it now. So at 6:25am I was helping Jordy with his homework while I really would rather have been snug in my bed. Once everyone was out at school Josh and I headed out to Jerusalem. Josh bought me a gift certificate for a manicure/pedicure for Chanukah which was going to expire so I went to have that done while he went on a bike ride. When I was done we drove to a wine store that I had a gift certificate to and we got a parking spot right in front. After buying the wine we walked down to Emek Refaim and bought some lunch (take out Chinese for Josh, Village Green salad for me), picked up some Marzipan rugalach and some fried eggplant that Josh likes and we headed back to the car. We came home and walked in the door moments before Danya came home. She was in a hurry as it was 3 and she needed to be at the bus for her Bnei Akiva tiyul by 4. She gathered her items-bag, hat, water, tissues, sweatshirt etc. and headed to the makolet to get the required snacks for the trip. She then went to the buses to Jerusalem. Apparently the buses were supposed to leave at 4 exactly however later reports said that they actually left at 5:15. I picked Nadav up and came home to make muffins and dinner. Jordy returned from his friends house in tears. Another kid from his class was also there with him and this other kid was mean to Jordy and told him that if he didn't want to play basketball with them that he should just go home. Not nice. I calmed him down and then he and Nadav ate dinner. Jordy was in the shower while Nadav went to bed. I was sitting with Nadav and he was just about to fall asleep when Jordy started singing at the top of his lungs and calling for me or Josh. He was singing to the tune of a song that Nadav likes by Dudu Fischer. Nadav started cracking up and then so did I because it was pretty funny. Each time Jordy started singing again Nadav started laughing again. So no sleep for Nadav. He eventually went to sleep much later. Jordy also went to bed and I was waiting for Danya, who was supposed to be home at 8:30. Of course then there was an email saying that they weren't returning until 9:30. She finally walked in the door at 10:26-hungry. She ate pizza and went straight to bed. I'll get the rundown of the trip tomorrow.

No comments: