Friday morning Nadav woke us at 5:30 again. Why does this child hate sleep??? At 5:45 I remembered that he was supposed to be Abba Shel Shabbat this week and we are supposed to bring a treat for 23 kids today. Of course I didn't buy anything so I got up and dressed. It took us a while to get our act together and out the door but at 7:10am he and I headed to the makolet. We found a treat and I also bought celery for the soup I was going to make. We stopped at the bakery to buy challah and the lady at the bakery gave Nadav a boreka. Nadav tasted it and I was afraid he would announce it "lo taim" or not good and toss it across the bakery like he does in my kitchen. Luckily he took a bite, looked at the bakery lady and said "zeh yummy". We walked home while he ate his boreka. Josh took everyone to school while I finished up my Shabbat prep. I was supposed to meet Suzanne for brunch but she had a change in plans so she came over in the afternoon and we caught up over coffee. It was so great seeing her, even for a short visit. We then went into pre-shabbat mode-cleaning, showers etc. Friday night we had a quiet dinner, our only guest being Robert. As we were finishing up dinner the Brodsky's came over. They joined us for dessert and then we played Settlers.
Shabbat morning Nadav woke up early again-somewhere around 5:45 or 6am. Josh let him drag him downstairs while I went back to sleep for a little bit. Eventually we were all awake. Danya and Jordy went to shul and Nadav drove me crazy until we went to shul too. After shul we had kiddush. Then Josh took the kids to the park and I slept for a half hour. Of course I woke up to screaming. I missed what happened however I know that Jordy was mad about something and took it out on Nadav. Everyone was tired and grumpy through lunch. After lunch Danya went to a friends house, Moshe came to play with Jordy and then they went to Moshe's and Nadav actually napped with me. After Shabbat was the usual clean up, get homework done, make lunches etc.
This morning Nadav slept late-ok I am not sure when he got up but he came to my bed and rather than spend the entire time climbing on me and trying to get me to go downstairs with him he went back to sleep. He woke up again at 6:45 which isn't bad. I dropped everyone at school and then went to the gym. I ran for the first time since I got since over a month ago. I was happy to see that I was able to run a 5k without trouble. 10K here I come. I came home and showered and then got a call that Suzanne was free for lunch if I could make it to Beit Shemesh. So I went and we had a nice lunch and were able to catch up a bit more. I returned as Danya was getting out of school so I drove her home as it was raining. Jordy was home with 2 friends. I made dinner while Danya did her homework and the boys played. I picked up Nadav and we came home. Everyone enjoyed their Banana Pancakes for dinner. After dinner Nadav decided he would be a human Mr. Potato Head.
After helping everyone finished their homework I took Danya to the optometrist as Danya has been having difficulty reading lately. Her vision changed minimally and they said she doesn't need new glasses.

1 comment:
Maybe Danya should try the Mr potato head glasses.
Nadav-- zeh funny!
Post a Comment