Saturday, February 12, 2011

Shabbat

Thursday I spent most the day cooking and trying to get ahead on the Shabbat prep including laundry. I spent virtually the whole day in the kitchen. Jordy had a friend over after school and Danya went to art and then a friends house. I picked Nadav up after gan and then everyone returned home for Mac and Cheese.
Friday I finished off the Shabbat cooking and began the cleaning. Jordy went to a friends after school and Nadav and Danya were home in the afternoon. Shira Klein came for Shabbat along with her friend Shoshana. I am sure they had a wonderful Shabbat listening to the kids fighting and playing endless games of Monopoly. We had a nice dinner and then the Brodsky's and Block's came over and we all sat around chatting and noshing.
Shabbat morning Jordy went to shul and did anim zmeriot again. I missed it but I heard he did perfect. We had the Davis and Mandel families over for lunch in addition to the girls. We were a lot of people but all the kids played nicely together. Jordy went to Benny's house after lunch and then returned later with Moshe S. in tow. Danya went to Bnei Akiva and returned after Shabbat. Nadav, who woke up at 5:30am was really tired especially after playing with Keren and Matan all afternoon but it was to late to nap so he was just running around the house all crabby until Shabbat ended. Everyone had dinner and then I dropped the girls off a t the bus. I hope they had fun-Danya asked them if they would move in with us. I dropped Danya at a birthday party and then returned to sit in Nadav's room until he fell asleep. Then Josh and I scrambled to get a babysitter and then we went out to a cafe with Danny and Laura. We had a really nice time and it's always nice to go out.

1 comment:

אנט פרידמן said...

Arica, I am so impressed with your new food blog. Thanks for all the wonderful recipes, and good luck!

---Annette