Saturday, February 05, 2011

The Tooth Fairy Factory

Friday morning the ear pain was back with a vengeance. Josh got everyone out and I began the Friday morning laundry. We did the usual Friday cleaning, cooking and laundry dance. Then, the President of the Our Life Blog fan club, Talia, came by to drop off soup and a whole bunch of salatim that she made as she knew I was sick. So super nice of her and I know I am skipping ahead but it was all delicious and I think she should open a salatim take out store. So even though I may have thanked her a zillion times I am going to one last time publicly-Thanks Talia!!! On Friday night we had a nice quiet dinner. Danya and Jordy answered Torah questions from their study sheets for upcoming tests after we ate. Later the Brodsky's came by along with Oren and we played Settlers. A shout out to Joel who had his second Settlers victory! Well done!
Shabbat morning was our usual. Danya and Jordy went to the kids minyan and Nadav and I hung out all morning. He ate a ton for some reason-a pear, 2 string cheese sticks, 2 yogurts, cereal and bread. After shul we went to the Nathan's house for lunch. The Silton's also ate there so there were 6 adults and 15 kids(2 other kids were there as well)-12 of whom were boys. It was a fun meal. We headed home as Nadav was tired and was asking to go "chome"(did I mention that he pronounces his h's as "ch"). Of course when we got home he didn't want to go to sleep. After Shabbat Danya returned from Bnei Akiva and Jordy came back from the Nathan's. Jordy finished studying for his Torah test(he had 68 review questions!). Danya hung out and watched some TV. As I was tucking Jordy into bed we had the following conversation:

Me: Jordy, can you make sure your towel is in the bathroom as I am going to wash all the towels tonight. Also, that towel you use is kind of small, do you still want to keep using it? You got it as a present at your bris.
[the towel is a regular towel with a hood attached but it is getting kid of small-he's been using it since the day he got it and he loves it]
Jordy: No, it's not small and yes, I want to keep using it. Who gave it to me?
Me: Someone who works with Saba.
Jordy: Was it Danny?
Me: Uncle Danny?
Jordy: yes
Me: Do you think Uncle Danny works with Saba?
Jordy: Yes, he does.
Me: no, Uncle Danny doesn't work with Saba-why do you think he does?
Jordy: Yes, Uncle Danny works with Saba at the Tooth Fairy Factory.
Me: (confused and trying not to crack up but shaking from not laughing) What?
Jordy: Yeah, they work together at the tooth fairy factory- Uncle Danny gave me 5 shekel when he was here and I lost my tooth. [Jordy knows that my father always gives money for lost teeth so I guess he thinks his job is at the "tooth fairy factory"]
Me: (now laughing out loud)
Jordy: Stop laughing, it's not funny.
Me: you're right- it's not funny, I just didn't know that Uncle Danny gave you 5 shekel and that he ALSO worked at the tooth fairy factory. And No, Uncle Danny didn't give you the towel.

How is that for entertaining??? I then put the towels in the laundry.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I think I just woke everyone in my house with my laughter. Just picturing Abba and Danny dressed as fairies working in a factory. That's great!!

Lanie said...

Jordy is so funny! My favorite part is that he thinks there is factory.