First here are some of the pictures I have been telling you about. Here is Jordy's birthday cake- for some reason it keeps rotating but it says Mazel tov Jordy Ben 8 (That's congratulations Jordy 8 years old):
Here are Jordy and Nadav enjoying some leftover cake on Friday before Shabbat. Danya would have been there too but she was getting ready for Shabbat and then rushed over to Meira's for Shabbat. Jordy was saving the word "tov" for her:
On Tuesday Nadav got his hands on a red pepper and just started eating it like an apple and kept saying taim (yummy):
Yesterday I was really starting to feel better. I got up with the kids in the morning and helped get them out the door. I spent most of the morning at home resting. Danya went to the Gerson's in the afternoon. Jordy came home with Moshe S. and they played for a while. Then I picked Nadav up from gan. An hour later I took Jordy and Moshe to school where we were attending a parent/child activity in honor of Yom Mishpacha(family day) which I am guessing was on Wednesday. There was an art project, a cute game you played with your kid and then the signature of any school activity-the food buffet. We were required to bring cheese borekas but Jordy ended up with a nice healthy dinner of chocolate muffin, chocolate cake with vanilla frosting, brownie with marshmallow topping, a stack of crackers and 2 slices of cucumber. Good dinner. Here are pictures from the art project:
The cutest part was at the beginning they had the boys read a little speech. Keep in mind that it is hard for me to hear due to the clogged ears(oh, did I mention that last night my other ear started hurting???), so I thought it was just me who couldn't understand a word but then all the parents started laughing because none of the kids were on the same part:
The thing they read was cute. Something along the lines of :
Thank G-d my fathers parents met, got married and had my father. Thank G-d my Mothers parents met, got married and had my Mother. Thank G-d my Father met my Mother and they got married and I was born.
The best part about the evening was that Jordy's activity was from 5 until 6:30pm and then Danya's class had one from 6:30 until 8. That is right, I was in school for 3 hours- almost as long as the kids day of school on Fridays. Danya walked to school to meet me there and Sharon dropped Jordy off at home at 6:30. Danya's activity was similar with a few changes. It began with parent child learning. We read a few different pieces of Perki Avot about Kibbud Horim(respecting your parents) and then answered questions about what we read. Then we made the same project that Jordy's class did which was a flower pot with a flower in it.
Then we moved onto the eating part of the evening. I was actually impressed as the teachers prepared the food and it was pita, chumus, pickles, olives, peppers, wafers, baby corn- a lot less junk than Jordy's. I brought Danya home and since my pain was under control and I was feeling good I decided to go to Zumba and I am glad I did, it was a great class.
Today we all got up and about early. Josh had a computer consulting job in Modiin across from the mall and he wanted to go out to breakfast at the mall. The plan was he would drop me at the mall for an hour so I could walk around and shop at 9am. Then at 10 he would meet me and we would eat. Except when Josh came home from dropping the kids off at school he started eating breakfast out of habit. So I got to the mall at 9 and guess what? The stores don't open until 9:30. So I did what anyone else would do- I bought a coffee from a cafe and walked around looking in the windows comparing the sales and counting down until 9:30. I got to 2 stores(and bought 1 shirt) and then Josh was already at the mall. So much for shopping. We were going to eat but Josh was still full from his earlier breakfast and I wasn't really hungry so we walked around a little more, went to the grocery store and left the mall. We stopped at the butcher and then returned home. My instinct was to go to sleep as I was tired and worn out however the kitchen needed a little work and I really wanted to make a few things for Shabbat. Before I knew it I had to pick up Nadav. He had taken a nice nap at gan and was in a great mood. Laughing and telling me about the orez(rice) and kitzitza(meatballs) he ate for lunch. He really likes rice and kept talking about it. Eventually Danya and Jordy returned and everyone ate dinner. I headed back to the doctor who wanted me to follow up with her about my ear. She was happy that I wasn't in major pain anymore however she did say that the 2nd ear is infected(although not majorly-just regular ear infection) and the 1st one was still majorly infected-although not as bad as it had been. Ugh! She told me that I have to come back again in a few days. So crazy right??? I came home as Josh was about to get Nadav in bed. I put him in bed but he wanted me to sit in his room with him while he went to sleep. The problem was he was still pretty awake so it took about an hour- all of which I got to spend reading interspersed with "put your head on your pillow". I went downstairs to eat my dinner and get the laundry going. I was going to try and make something else for Shabbat but just didn't have it in me. So off to bed I go.








No comments:
Post a Comment